[AT] Clearing scrub brush

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Jan 23 21:09:21 PST 2016

That is some nice equipment.   That excavator is equipped with more
hydraulics that anything here in Oklahoma.
   I have a 1960 944 Cat loader that is probably one of the first 4wd
articulated loaders Cat built.  In fact in the parts manual it is called
a traxcavator..  Along with a 1965 613 CAt scraper, an old worn out 1952
D6 8U, my E110B, in addition to the 2 old 1150 Case dozers.     I bought
an old 2470  4WD Case that was overhauled the year before I bought it.
I have a 6 yd pan type scraper that I intend to pull with the Case.  If
this works out, I may sell the 613.

  I can definitely understand the hauling problems on the scraper. I
have a farm about 60 miles from the one I live on.   I have a folding
gooseneck semi trailer and a LTL9000 Ford that pull it just fine, it
only gets 3.75 mpg since it is geared so low. However, it is such a pain
to get the gooseneck  back up on the truck, and the insurance on the
truck goes up every 6 months at renewal that it is just not worth the
money to keep it around to haul the 613 Cat scraper.   I bought a 25ton
pintle hitch lowboy and pull it with my L9000 Ford that gets about 7mpg
and has handled the gooseneck semi also.  When I move the 613, I will
just drive it. In 2.5 hours I can be at the other farm and by the time I
load, tie down, and unload, I have spent just about the same amount of
time.  The fuel consumption is about the same also.... Not to mention
the effort of climbing all over everything since I don't have any help.

Cecil in OKla