[AT] Tractor cab heater

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Jan 23 19:11:46 PST 2016

Ivan:
The HEI coil is a good way to go.  I was thinking of using pertronix and
a flamethrower coil.  However, I really like GM TBI systems.  In nearly
a million miles and 8 vehicles I never had a problem with the TBI.  They
get better mileage with this rotten gas we have now also.  TBI is not
that expensive to set up either..  I do agree about carbs.  I used tobe
able to fine tune a Quadra Jet.  Nothing like hearing those back barrels
open up when you drop the hammer on it!!!   I have a late 70's Chevy
grain truck with a tandem axle.  It had a fire from a mechanic losing a
pair of pliers behind the distributor.  I need to replace the cab.  It
has a 427 and Quadrajet.  It melted the carb and distributor.   I have a
cutoff frame & cab from a mid 80's truck.  It has tilt hood, front disc
brakes and a 366 w/ TBI.. I would much rather just change over the cab
than give up the 427 & Quadrajet....  When I get done with the
Quadrajet, and the distributor there will not be a governor..

Cecil in OKla