[AT] Tractor cab heater

Ivan ivancou at windstream.net
Sat Jan 23 16:22:36 PST 2016

Cecil , do it the easy way . I got a newer style distributor for my 72 c
10 out of a 79 chevy or newer along with about six inches of the wire
and plug that goes into it . Take the old one out and drop the new one
in and splice the power wire for it using the plug pigtail . GM built
the high energy coil and electronics right into the distributor . I was
skeptical when I did it , but took out the point type distributor ,that
had a fresh tuneup with all the innards and dropped in the HEI one .
Truck fired right up ,and after checking the timing it ran way better .
I was convinced from that point . Long as its a pre fuel injection
engine  it will swap perfectly . And the new coil and box inside are
pretty cheap . I swidhed them shortly aftwards just to make sure it
wasnt gonna die someplace far from home .  They also make brand new ones
but they cost a lot more from the performance parts places . A good 4
barrel will make it purr better , and it makes sweet sounds when you
open it up .  Ivan