[AT] OT Engine Swap on air compressor

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Jan 22 12:42:29 PST 2016

Thanks Steve.  I will check on the flywheel bolts as I imagine they are
probably on a metric configuration also.   However re-drilling a
flywheel adapter should not be a problem with my equipment available in
the shop. I have thought about the v-6 installation and also the 4 cyl.
If I replace it with another engine, I am pretty well convinced to get
one from a computer controlled vehicle, or adapt it to propane. I am
sick of messing with pump gas and older engines.  If it did not have to
run at 3300 RPM,  I would mount it up to a 75hp Diesel Perkins.  I am
looking at finding a piston type compressor and mounting it to a 75hp
Perkins I have.  Then eliminate a lot of problems.

Cecil in OKla