[AT] OT Engine Swap on air compressor

pga2 at BasicISP.net pga2 at BasicISP.net
Fri Jan 22 10:38:10 PST 2016

A V6 out of a Countour or Mercury Mistique should bolt up, but may
need a computer to run. I would look for another 2.3 out of a car
with a carb which would bolt right in. Otherwise, go with the plate
and use the 300.

Phil

--- crbearden at copper.net wrote:

From: Cecil R Bearden <crbearden at copper.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Subject: Re: [AT] OT Engine Swap on air compressor
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 07:56:03 -0600

I know you guys suffered through my carburetor and other problems with
my Sullair compressor this past summer, but I am going to have to get it
running again.  If I spend 20 minutes restarting, it will finally run
when I lowered the pressure some.  It appears the engine is shot.   It
has the Ford 2.3L OHC industrial.  This is the one with the single spark
plugs and carbureted.  It is from about a 75 Pinto or granada.  I have a
late 70's ford f150 with a 300 inline 6 engine.  Is there any
possibility these engines share the same bolt pattern?  If not, this
thing is severely underpowered  when starting.  I have 2 of these
compressors and they both have the same problems.  Budget  and time
constraints do not really allow a complete overhaul.  I have thought
about installing a V-6 if the inline would not fit.

Anyone out there have Ford engine experience??

Hopefully you guys on the east coast still have power during this latest
storm.

Cecil in  OKla