[AT] Solar battery charger setup

rlgoss at twc.com rlgoss at twc.com
Mon Jan 18 10:11:57 PST 2016

Current draw ain't what it used to be.  The old laws of physics still apply, but the internal efficiencies are so high that adding some new bells and whistles to an automobile electrical system becomes a moot point.  It is particularly noticeable when you shift to LED configurations.  When I converted one of my tractors to Halogen lights, I had to be concerned about the current draw on the electrical system, but converting it to LED's meant I could light it up like a Christmas tree and not be concerned about overloading anything.

I have been running an LED 3-way bulb in a floor lamp for better than a year.  The color temperature of the light is very pleasant, there is no stobe-effect, and the minimum projected life of the bulb is better than 10 years.  Our landlord had this whole subdivision built with CFL lights in all the hard-wired sockets.  Last month, they told me that they WILL be replacing all those bulbs with LED's.  It isn't by accident that the inventor of the blue LED received the Nobel prize last year.

Larry