[AT] Cold weather: 3 pt. snow blowers

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Jan 14 06:24:02 PST 2016

On 1/14/2016 1:15 AM, Greg Hass wrote:
> Have been thinking snow blower on and off for several years but was
> never very serious. Snow fall varies but nothing close to what Ralph
> gets.
>        Greg Hass

Greg, I will throw in my two cents worth, although with today's exchange
rate it might be less than that in U.S. cents.
The snow blower is the best thing on driveways. And probably around the
yard too as long as you have room to throw
the snow without taking out a window. McKee is only six feet wide which
is barely as wide as the Cockshutt 40. It works ok
and the only time I wish it was wider is when I try widening the path on
the driveway and end up slipping into the ditch
with the tractor since the wheels are right out at the edge of the blower.
I think it was around the $700 mark new in 1975 so I guess it does not
owe me anything after 40+ winters snow blowing.
With climate change I might never need to replace it. We still don't
have enough snow to use a snow blower. That is
most unusual for Sask. in January.

Ralph in Sask.