[AT] Splicing into a 12V circuit

pga2 at BasicISP.net pga2 at BasicISP.net
Thu Jan 14 05:42:30 PST 2016

John,
Those strippers are very close to the ones we used at Texas Instruments
when making repairs on aircraft wiring harnesses. I think that they were
Klein as well, but can't be sure unless I look at them, but I'm in New Jersey
at the moment and the strippers are at home in Texas, about 1800 miles away.
Anyway, mine are at least 40 years old and are still working as new.

Phil from TX

--- jtchall at nc.rr.com wrote:

From: <jtchall at nc.rr.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Subject: Re: [AT] Splicing into a 12V circuit
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 18:44:41 -0500

Here is what I use to crimp wires
http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/01831866

This is close to the pair of wire strippers I use also
http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/50939560?rItem=50939560

So far I haven't been having any issues.  I do make make certain a good
crimp was made. Most of the time a bad crimp comes from using too small of a
wire/too big of a connector.

John Hall