[AT] Splicing into a 12V circuit

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Wed Jan 13 19:12:23 PST 2016

Mike M wrote:
> Hi Steve, thanks to you and everyone else for the input, I don't need
> any fires! Still undecided between soldering and crimping. Once I tear
> into the lighting module, I'll know more about what options I have for
> splicing.  At the risk of sounding stupid, however, how would I know
> what relay to get, or it there only one type for 12V wiring. That last
> statement alone should give away my skill level with automotive style
> wiring.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

What you want is a 30 amp cube relay. VERY common and available at any
parts store. They look like this
http://www.evwest.com/catalog/images/thumbs/def/large/Picture%2015.jpg

Crimping would be better if there is vibration present.

There may be extra taps present already.

What are the lights going on? Maybe I can find a wiring diagram.

--
Steve W.