[AT] Splicing into a 12V circuit

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Jan 13 11:58:42 PST 2016

Rob all of the Scotchloks that I've used over the years had that
dielectric grease in them.   Steve mentioned vibration but that
is more of a problem with using solid copper wires than with the
fastener.  I agree that Scotchloks, at least all that I've ever seen,
were not designed for high current loads.  As far as vibration, when I
have used them on mobile equipment I always fold the wire over on
it's self and tape the scotchlok and a loop of wire back on top of
the wire with something like 3M 33 electrical tape.  That way the
scotchlok and wire are not exposed to movement where they join.
I agree that there are better solutions but if I need to make a connection
and a scotchlok is all I have I'm confident in it.

Charlie