[AT] Splicing into a 12V circuit

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Jan 13 11:39:10 PST 2016

When I have to tap into a wire, I solder it and then tape it with
electrical tape.  I start the wrap about 3 inches past the end of my
tape, then wrap the joint, and then leave about another 3 inches past
the joint where I cut the tape.  Then I tie the two ends of tape
together.  That way they do not unravel.  If I have that liquid tape, I
just brush it on the tape, and not leave the ends.  I never can find the
can of liquid tape, so I just tie the ends....

Cecil in OKla