[AT] What to do

ATIS yostsw at atis.net
Sat Jan 9 12:22:15 PST 2016

Hey Tom,

I have been trying my best. I've looked at nearly a dozen semi antique Case, Allis and  Ford tractors with FELs.  I've also looked at two loaders that would fit on my Ford 861 but they were hunks of junk..   All these old loaders have two things in common: there are as long as cruise ships  and they are  difficult to take on and off. Those two attributes would make using them difficult for me because my storage building is in a wooded area, my manure piles are in a narrow area and access to my barn areas are tight too.  Modern tractors with FELs are a bit shorter and are super easy to take on and off.

In addition many of these antique tractors don't have the other attributes that I need in a tractor. The Allis D 14 didn't have a three point hitch, a Case I looked at only had a single remote and couldn't handle double-acting cylinders, that sort of thing.

My current arrangement was working perfectly.  Too bad it has to come to an end. (-;

Plus I would still have the 54 Pacer, the '39 JD B to pull the manure spreader with and two 1960s cub cadets to pull the tool/garden wagon

Spencer Yost