[AT] Tractor parts getter repaired?

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Tue Feb 23 14:39:43 PST 2016

Cecil Bearden wrote:
> Warren:
> I believe it is really sand and gravel, as the largest particles are
> about 1/4 inch across and triangular in shape.  My biggest gripe is that
> even though this has a filter, crud that can plug the injector screen
> can still get through...  The pump screen was full of a red powder that
> I am sure is rust.   I could dump black liquid out of the fuel filter
> inlet, and the outlet would be an orange liquid...   I use wix filters
> which are supposed to be the best...  My complaint is that if this was
> designed properly,  the filter would contain the sediment that is
> plugging the injectors, and the injector screen would be a fail safe
> protection if something got by the filter...  Just another one of Ford's
> accountants ideas overiding the engineering....
>
> Cecil in OKla

Oh it isn't just Ford. There are a LOT of vehicles out there that only
use the sock on the pump, in the tank as the fuel filter!!!

If you wanted to do a bit of plumbing you could add a
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/frm-hpg1

It's a 5 micron unit. There are 2 micron filters available to fit that
housing though... but I didn't say that......

--
Steve W.