[AT] Torch kit

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Sat Feb 13 17:47:28 PST 2016

Mike,

What I have seen is that the smaller tanks are purchased, and the larger ones are leased.
My son and I both have purchased tanks. Other than the initial purchase all you pay is for the gas. And the company just exchanges tanks.
Shop I manage leases tanks. There is no initial purchase, but we have a lease fee about $5 per month per tank in addition to paying for gas when needed.
Victor is a good touch brand you can get most places. Some welding supply companies have in house touch brands that are OK. One question regardless of brand is the size of torch. The other is quality "quality level". Most have a occasional use touch set that I have, and also a professional welder welder series my son has.
Regarding the torch and regulator size, one question is how thick of plate do you plan to cut?? Smaller torches may be limited to 1/2", where larger ones can cut thicker. If you are doing small part welding you may not want a huge torch to hold.

Good luck

Dennis
Sent from my iPhone