[AT] Concrete and way off topic now.

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Feb 12 03:59:46 PST 2016

If you can afford to pour 4000psi concrete with 6% air entrainment, you
should never have a problem either indoors or outdoors.  I would not use
high early strength.   I would have to know more about the existing home
in order to suggest anything regarding the foundation.   You really
cannot go wrong with a pier and beam style of slab construction.
Sometimes called waffle construction  with a pier under the beam of the
waffle.  Since I don't know anything about the soils in your particular
situation, I cannot advise properly.   You may be able to get some
advice from a local university engineering department, or the county
extension office. A picture of pier & beam is here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pier+%26+beam+slab+design&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjbyqPIlPLKAhUBdCYKHWoKDHQQsAQIMQ&biw=1877&bih=935#tbm=isch&tbs=rimg%3ACafdnjQek9kPIjgz3jZhcwVCzuUAPMXKPLRVdQaVUqEZ3PZdB2kQlG_11yfRP2rXBdYrabvgomCMlMRwHj3oF59vHNSoSCTPeNmFzBULOEZqykEHLFirwKhIJ5QA8xco8tFURR1bj846tuqsqEgl1BpVSoRnc9hGACWk-3_16GGyoSCV0HaRCUb_1XJEYCZiDbZEsDKKhIJ9E_1atcF1itoRXfAywl2c9aQqEglu-CiYIyUxHBFUTxa7YqJ51SoSCQePegXn28c1ETQuGP5VZqtG&q=pier%20%26%20beam%20slab%20design&imgrc=p92eNB6T2Q__dM%3A

Cecil in OKla