[AT] Case 430 drawbar

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Sun Dec 25 15:59:43 PST 2016

Try Agri-supply. I just looked and they do have some swinging drawbars
at what I think are fair prices. You may have to change the mounting
some to make one fit, but that should not be a problem as you are not
dealing with 500 hp. . That is one reason I enjoy making implements for
my Farmall Cub because with its smaller hp. it does not take an
engineering degree to make them work. I don't think I would try making
the drawbar itself as it is too hard to get the springiness correct. To
hard a metal and they snap ( a neighbor once made one out of a heavy
grader blade edge and it broke the first time he bounced through a
furrow with a manure spreader). Use regular steel and it will probably
bend. Years ago, we broke a drawbar on an IH 504, too much weight going
through a sharp furrow; I tried welding it but it changed the temper of
the steel and if stressed it would always break again near the weld.
Hope this helps.
         Greg Hass