[AT] OT - Refurbished computers - now phones

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Fri Dec 30 20:41:32 PST 2016

It is funny, it's all what you get used to I guess. I can figure it out,
I'm just more comfortable with the phone I've been using for a few years
now. I remember a time where I could go to anyone's house and know how
to use their phone; pick up the receiver and punch in or dial the
numbers on a rotary. Seems we used to pay about $5.00 per month for a
private line. Now my wife and I spend $110 a month for a 2 phones that I
don't even know how to take full advantage of.  An old farmer friend
just down the road refuses to change from his land line. He has a rotary
phone that is probably 40+ years old, and no answering machine. He says
if you need to get a hold of him try the phone, if no answer, find his
truck.

Mike M