[AT] OT - Refurbished computers

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Dec 29 13:55:13 PST 2016

Thanks Dean,  I use CCleaner free version for that.
It removes the junk and washes the files and free space
and has utilities for registry repair, etc.  However, I'm still
having issues with sluggish performance.  I've tried deleting
emails in bulk by selecting a bunch at a time but eventually
my computer will freeze up and have to be rebooted if I do that.
Also, my e-mail program runs terribly slow most of the time
(windows live mail, what a piece of junk).  Sometimes it's like the old
dial up days waiting for a message to open or close if there is much
script running on it.  Now my background photo on my desktop keeps
disappearing and I'm having problems with Microsoft Edge not closing
after use without going to the task manager and manually closing it.
I get around that most of the time by using Firefox instead.

I'm not sure how old this machine is, it might even be 10 years old.
times flies now days.

Still overall I'm tickled with the ASUS machine.  That's not to short the
Lenovo stuff others have suggested.  It is great stuff.  In fact Motorola
android
phones are now made by Lenovo and they are tough as nails.

Charlie