[AT] Case 430 drawbar

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 26 06:14:21 PST 2016

H & M's U shaped drawbars broke at the center hole, quicker if you hooked directly in that hole instead of using the swinging drawbar or a hitch plate.  https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0543/7597/products/1_4fccb61c-c2c9-406c-80e4-43ca495957fa_large.jpeg?v=1449183348 The last one we broke was a WD-45, it had ran a roto-baler for about a million bales.  It broke at a bolt hole also, I figure it had work hardened from the PTO vibration and impact from towing the baler.  Those drawbars weren't solidly mounted, they flopped a little with every bump the baler hit.
I broke a lift arm on my MF255 a few years ago with a 8' semi-mounted cutter.  I dropped one tractor wheel into a ditch (not that big) and the twist and opposite of normal direction force snapped the arm.  There was a slightly rusted crack at the beginning of the break, again at a bolt hole.

Len Rugen

rugenl at yahoo.com