[AT] Case 430 drawbar

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Dec 26 06:28:29 PST 2016

Most of the holes in drawbars and lift arms were punched at the
factory.  They they were tempered.  I think tha t due to the hole in the
bar, there was some unequal quenching in some areas and caused surface
cracking in the metal that over a period of time led to failure.    Thus
the reason for a 12months warranty on most manufactured products.
However, the amount required to purchase new machinery makes one feel
the machine should be failure free for at least 15 years.

Cecil in OKla