[AT] Rock Falls, IL

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Dec 24 10:44:36 PST 2016

Mabry's mill is well preserved. Large parking lots, a major road crosses
the parkway right by the mill sight. If I remember correct there is a
sawmill inside the mill--although it is small. Several outbuildings on
the property, don't know how many are original or reconstructions. I
don't know if they actually run the mill. The one in Durham is ran on
weekends, but they are using a "modern" Meadows mill (probably 75 years
old). Pretty certain the water wheel is the power source. Regarding
Meadows mills, they are still in business and I think even offer
resharpening service for the old stone mills. Meadows is not too far
from Spencer.

John Hall