[AT] Rock Falls, IL

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Dec 21 14:55:52 PST 2016

David there is an old grist mill on an actual mill pond
near here in the town of Trenton.  Al Jones is well familiar with it.
A couple of years ago they started fixing it back up after the state
repaired the dam when a hurricane washed it partly out.  The mill stones
are installed now and they are running it with electric motors, just a few
days
a year for special occasions.  I think they are working on repairing the
water
wheel from what I can see in passing by but I'm not sure.  I hope they are.
I know we were talking about feed mills not grist mills but I wanted to pass
that along.

Here’s a link to it with a picture and some information.  I didn't read the
page just sending the
link along.  I don't know if it's current info or not.

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/multimedia/9448

It's a beautiful place.  The mill pond has cypress trees growing in it
around the edges opposite the mill.

Charlie