[AT] Snow/Ice Storms

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Sun Dec 18 19:19:19 PST 2016

The Arkansas River goes east from CO into KS, then near center of KS, it
makes a big bend (now called Great Bend) and then goes south  to Hutchinson,
then Wichita, then Tulsa.  Approx eleven miles east of Great Bend is
Ellinwood (approx 2500 people).  We lived on a half section approx six miles
south.
My sister went to Central Christian College, McPherson, KS two years, then
started teaching. I graduated from KSU in 1952, BS in Mech Engrg.
At Dad's suggestion, I worked two summers for an uncle near Otis (three
quarters and one quarter near Ness City); could make more money for school
that way. Back then IHC and Massey Harris were top dogs with 12' & 14'
self-propelled combines; that was before any type of automatic transmission,
in which case third was often too slow and fourth (high) was often too fast.
Herb(GA)