[AT] 6 to 12 volt starter conversion--splitting tricycles

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 15:13:58 PST 2016

On the older Case tractors there were splitting pins for doing some of this
work. Folks usually use pieces of all-thread through some of the bell
housing bolt holes with nuts on them which allows the tractor to be slid
apart and somewhat keep it lined up. You still want to have support to keep
things from tipping over though. Cribbing the engine and rolling the back
half of the tractor back on a floor jack might work if you have a decent
floor to do this on.

Is there anything in the manual that suggests how to do this? I haven't
split a JD.

Ken in AZ