[AT] Tractors and other stuff...

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Dec 11 11:40:46 PST 2016

I really think the problem is supply and demand--too many running
machines and no demand. I can take you 15 minutes up the road to a
running Belle City thresher, hasn't been used in about 8-10 years, prior
to that it was ran for 15 straight.  Then there are 2 more "locally"
that are shed kept, running when parked decades ago. If a thresher was
running when last used and has been kept dry, all you need are 4 good
tires and make a set of belts and you should be back in business. We'll
give it a little while to sell before it gets sent to a scrapyard. We've
hauled in tons of stuff over the years and very little was ever
scrapped--even then it was stripped down of usable items first. For this
to wind up in a scrapyard would be a bit of personal failure. I think
one of the challenges with this is its size. Very few folks have  a shed
big enough to put it under. And I'm not certain it could be hauled on a
lowboy without removing one of the elevators. It is what it is.

John