[Farmall] practically new 140

Mark Weinheimer mrw601 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 18:58:17 PST 2016

Truly new tractor?  Who has bought a truly new tractor that was problem
free, for even a year?  Our lone new tractor has had as many problems as
our ancient Farmall C's., day to day.  The C's need fluid changes,
occasional carburetor and governor interventions and bolt tightening.  The
newer tractors need constant shift linkage adjustment, fuel system
attention,  endless electrical system trouble shooting, and dealer service
for computer problems.  All of these seemingly minor problems are
exacerbated by the fact that nothing is immediately accessible.  Every
"improvement" is accompanied by lack of access to the ability to resolve
the associated problems.

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 6:16 PM, Grant Brians <sales at heirloom-organic.com>
wrote:

> On 12/9/2016 2:02 PM, John Hall wrote:
> > $4,500-6 is about what a good one goes for here with just cultivators
> > and fast hitch.
> >
> > John
> >

> > On 12/9/2016 8:30 AM, travis register wrote:
> >> Interesting.  That's really not that much higher than a good 140 is
> going for around here .
> >>

> >>       On Thursday, December 8, 2016 10:01 PM, John Hall <
> jtchall at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> >>

> >>    Tractor sold today for $10,500. Wonder where it is headed?
> >>
> >> John Hall

> building.
> factory.

> 140?invId=9583538&id=ci&auction=RALEIGHDURHAM-NC-2016253

> A new tractor without any cultivator or loader of equivalent horsepower
> and nowhere near the same capabilities would go for slightly more than
> the $10500. I can see that if someone wants to cultivate tightly. I
> would not pay that kind of money because I would be sure I could find a
> lower priced used one. To be honest though, if that tractor would behave
> as a truly new one - i.e. Only needs oil changes, etc to operate for
> thousands of hours, then the "new" tractor would have much higher value
> because of lower maintenance costs.
>
>                      Grant Brians

Mark Weinheimer
Farm Manager