[AT] antifreeze

toma at risingnet.net toma at risingnet.net
Fri Dec 2 10:28:03 PST 2016

On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 rlgoss at twc.com wrote:

> I can relate to that childhood experience, Len, two buckets of water for
> the chickens--for balance.  We had a feisty rooster that took advantage
> of the fact that I was loaded down, and he would peck my heels as I
> walked across the chicken yard with those buckets.  One Sunday morning,
> I had had enough of his harassment, so I dropped both buckets, whirled
> around and kicked.  I happened to catch the rooster in his neck and
> broke it clean off.  We had chicken for lunch!

We have one here like that. It takes more than a kick to stop him. I need
a stick for protection. It just makes him madder and he keeps coming.

I while back I swung the stick and connected real good across the head. It
set him spinning and he laid down with his feet in the air quiverring.
Afraod to tell my wife what I had done, I laid him in the hen house floor.
A while back I went and checked and he had come to and was up and around
and mean as ever. One eye was closed for a while but now he is back to
normal. No chicken dinner yet.