[AT] Portland

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Wed Aug 31 18:08:15 PDT 2016

It was a good show - it was hot towards the end of the week as the show was starting.  But I arrived  the weekend before. It was very cool in the first part of the week.  Even got down to 53 one night.  Storms one night and a tornado about 20 miles north. Other than that I thought the weather was pretty good. But then again I'm coming from North Carolina. I'm sure they probably thought it was hot.

The usual contingent was there. About 30 people plus spouses all told from the engine and tractor list. Curt Holland of the engine list barbecued some pork butts one night. Those pulled pork BBQ sandwiches were excellent.  Steve Weber turned some ice cream with his engine. Several of us tractor guys were on the sawmill helping out all week, but not many of our tractors were there. Most of us came empty-handed as far as tractors are concerned.  It was weird year for several of us on the list and logistics didn't work out.  The Wednesday night dinner at the Mexican restaurant was fun as usual, but I still miss taking the trailer being pulled by the cub - we don't do that anymore.

Nighttime around the campfire with everybody was awesome.  As usual Gene Dotson did a great job keeping our camping area marked off. Thanks Gene!

All in all a very good time. Several of the Louisiana folks were not able to be there but otherwise I think everyone that had planned to be there was able to come.

Spencer Yost