[AT] EcoDiesel update

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Aug 31 08:33:48 PDT 2016

>From what I've read and from my limited experience with heavy trucks,
turbo life is ended by bearing failure and bearing failure comes from not
letting the turbo cool properly before shutdown.  All Turbo engines should
be allowed to run idle for several minutes before shut down unless they
have oilers on them that keep them lubed prior to engine start.  When you
shut them down hot the heat from the turbo burns away the oil on the
bearings
and when you restart the bearings are dry.

Charlie