[AT] OT - Crushed asphalt over old asphalt?

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Aug 23 20:30:44 PDT 2016

Mike there is a county dirt road that runs through the national forest roads
near me.
It was in bad shape and has a lot of traffic.  A couple of years ago they
spread
crushed asphalt that was ground up from a repaving job somewhere.  They just
spread
it and motor graded out like rock as far as I know.  Over time it packed
down into
something near to an asphalt roadway.  over time it has started to break up
but it's
still holding up well to traffic.   I think if you spread the crushed
asphalt, sprayed it
lightly with some fuel oil as Cecil (I think) suggested and compacted it
with a roller
you'd have a good surface pretty cheap.   It's worth a try, if it doesn't
work perfectly it will
at least build a good base.

Charlie