[AT] Mouse Condo

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Aug 15 10:45:34 PDT 2016

Cecil, the logging company I worked for in the late 70's was
hired by Weyerhaeuser to cut a tract of pine in which they
had identified some "perfect" trees that they wanted left for
seed trees.  The company man tied ribbon around all of the
trees that were to be left for seed collection.  He and my boss
and the guy who stumped big trees with a big ole bow chainsaw
went out into the tract and they told David "cut all these trees
EXCEPT the ones with flagging, Do NOT cut the trees with flagging.
Do you understand".   David says he understands and they leave him to
do his work.  .............  You can guess what happened.  He cut every tree
with the flagging and quit.

It was an honest mistake.  He was a very good worker but functionally
illiterate
and he just didn't understand even though he thought he did.  The company
man
just had to find some slightly less "perfect" trees and reflag them.  David
didn't get
fired or anything.

Charlie