[AT] Garden question

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Wed Aug 3 19:31:22 PDT 2016

Black silt fence, 3' wide,  is removed from construction sites once a good
stand of grass is established. Normally, contractors do not have an
immediate reuse for this silt fence, so it is hauled to the landfill.
Landfills charge them; I don't. It is very similar to landscape fabric.
Seldom is there a weed; it reduces  loss of moisture from sun and/or wind,
and one can walk in garden soon after a rain and not get a mud buildup on
one's shoes. There is a 4' wooden post approx every 20'; sometimes I remove
these posts, depends on the application. Herb(GA)