[AT] Garden question

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Wed Aug 3 15:49:24 PDT 2016

I use raised beds and black landscape fabric. I never have any weeds except a few around the edges of the bed.

Not much help for this year i realize.  I've never used wick type application.   Strikes me as imprecise and probably inconsistent.

One year came back from vacation and the weeds were so bad I had to use the push lawnmower. That actually turned out to work pretty well.  Threw down fabric and mulch then weeded in between plants by hand.

Started doing beds partially from that experience.

The vine plants such as watermelon cucumber and pumpkin just have to survive the weeds.   I have a circle or row of fabric and mulch around the hills but when they start fanning out they just have to make it own their own.  It's tough to find the cucumbers in the weeds sometimes. (-;

Spencer Yost