[AT] Garden question

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Aug 3 12:37:08 PDT 2016

On 8/3/2016 12:37 PM, Greg Hass wrote:
> My garden is where the old cattle yard was. Things grow great and the
> soil is easy to work; I use my farmall cub to work and cultivate the
> garden, however, once things get a little big weeds take over. My back
> won't allow much hand weeding and weeds get a couple of feet high in a
> short time. I have seen, at least in Agri-Supply,  a stick like thing
> with a 6 inch rope wick thing on the bottom and you put round-up in it
> and swipe the weeds and it is supposed to kill them and not your plants.
> Anyone ever used them and do they work or is it just more money down the
> drain.
>            Greg Hass

Called a "weed wiper" I think. I've heard they work well but have no
personal experience.
I like the dutch hoe. A push type hoe with a narrow blade that takes far
less effort than
the old conventional hoe. It looks a bit like the ones in this link only
mine is thinner and
lighter. Might have belonged to my grandfather for all I know. When i
get tired I can always
lean on it. :-)
http://www.sneeboer.com/en/our-collections/hoe-3282548/

Ralph in Sask.