[AT] EcoDiesel update

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Wed Aug 31 14:25:00 PDT 2016

Steve,

Well said!!!

You reminded me how CAT gambled on a new technology a few years back, and ended up dropping out of the over the road truck engine business for a few years. Basically there "science fair project" was not advanced enough to pass emissions tests. My guess is they could hand build a few early prototypes to work, but not able to mass produce good enough to pass regulations.

It also reminded me of a senior project in college many years back trying to evaluate the moment of momentum of the incoming air for Cummins engines. That project was a disaster, and I still struggle with a full understanding the question. Got a nice tour of the Cummins engine plant out of it, but not much else.

Thanks
Dennis

Sent from my iPad