[AT] USDA Program? (OT?) Now tractors

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Tue Aug 23 12:04:34 PDT 2016

Last weekend my brother attended the Oakley, Michigan tractor. It is the
number 1 or 2 biggest in the state depending on who you talk to; the
other one being Buckley tractor show. In the last while he has been
interested in getting a Case LA or Case 500 because of their slow speed
long stroke engines. He wanted to see what they looked like in person
and how the hydraulics worked on those so equipped. As big a show as it
is, there was not a single one there. Also my favorite tractor show
tractor was not there; a Oliver Super 99 with the Detroit diesel.  As
great a show as it is, I am disappointed that a lot of old tractors out
there are not represented. I have went a couple of times and enjoy it,
however, timing did not work out this year. They do have a good display
of old stationary engines ,large ones, that are set up permanently in a
large building and they are all running; some of them 15 feet high, a
great sight.
      Greg Hass