[AT] right turn while baling

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Aug 20 20:42:20 PDT 2016

On 8/20/2016 4:12 PM, John Hall wrote:
> Yeah that's what I do in the one field I can. When I said the fields
> were small, well lets put it this way, a couple of them are only about 4
> rake widths wide in places. I've got one patch that is about an acre, it
> cuts into in about 4 places--made 80 bales off of it last week (second
> cutting).
>
> No bale throwers here. Did get to watch one run a couple years ago up
> around Natural Bridge Va. Guy was strip farming some LONG fields across
> the road from the restaurant we were eating at. Very Cool to watch!
>
> John
I don't have a problem with turns here with my 847 NH round baler.
Although I did have the middle
u joint break a while back. On examination it showed that it had been
cracked for quite some time and
I guess it finally broke on a turn. I never hear any complaining from
the joints on a turn. I try to remember
to shorten the tractor hitch to get the right measurement from the end
of pto shaft to end of tractor hitch.
I think that helps some.

Ralph in Sask.