[AT] off topic , really confused

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 05:55:43 PDT 2016

If I'm reading this right, it's a rebuttal to Spencer, and personally I
think his words on this subject are very wise indeed.

Not speaking up is NOT a complete failure, not always.  I'll drag out some
familiar evidence:

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" (source
unknown, but I bet your mother said it)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove
all doubt."  (This has been attributed to Abraham Lincoln and Mark Twain
among others).   There is a Biblical verse expressing the same sentiment,
Proverbs 17:28 King James version:  "Even a fool, when he holdeth his
peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of
understanding."

SO