[AT] off topic some Angle Grinders

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Aug 6 23:42:49 PDT 2016

I am relating this to maybe save some of  you the pain and trouble I am
in right now.   I was cutting bolts out of the rusted floorboard of my
93 IHC 4700  old OK dot truck..   Salt has eaten through the
floorboard.   The bolts had to be cut out.  I was using a 4-1/2 in angle
grinder, on my knees and holding myself u p with the right hand and
using the grinder in my left.  My work gloves were in my other
truck.....  When I switched off the grinder, I set it on the floorboard
and the spinning blade hit the back side of the cab and jumped up about
3 inches and cut across the big joint of my thumb on my right hand.
the blade was one of those 0.045in cutting blades. I can see the tendon
that moves the thumb moving in the cut.  It will be a few days before I
can get back to work, and I am right handed.

I had safety glasses, but no gloves...    I was too busy to go get
them..   Now with the bandage, i cannot really type, the way I make a
living now, I write reports.   I have a bandage on the right hand like a
boxing glove.   Don't make the same mistake I did, wear those gloves and
safety glasses and shields.   The grinder had a shield, and was turned
off.  If it had still been running, it would have been a lot worse.  It
was just winding down...

End of rant!!

Cecil in OKla