[AT] Garden question

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Aug 4 09:57:17 PDT 2016

Steve,  I agree that wasn't a good source.  It's just the first one I
found that reflected what I've read before and I didn't have time to
look for a better one.  I have a recently retired medical Doctor friend
who's dad was a mechanical engineering professor at Virginia Tech.
There is very little that my friend hasn't read up on and doesn't
understand.
He's an environmentalist type in the sense that he's an avid hunter and
fisherman.  Down here where we live the watersheds and estuaries are very
important and fragile and if damaged highly affect the way we live and the
things
he enjoys doing.  He tells me that round up breaks down to harmless organic
salts.
The article I cited says it breaks down (eventually I guess) to nitrogen and
CO2.   ANY of
those substances can be problematic at some level.  It's all about proper
use!

I'll tell you this, if not for round up ready corn and soy beans you
wouldn't be eating much
meat unless you are a lot wealthier than I am.

Charlie