[AT] Garden question

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Aug 4 08:08:14 PDT 2016

On 8/4/2016 5:05 AM, charlie hill wrote:
> Ivan the vinegar is a good tip, thanks but glyphosate (Round Up)
> gets a bad rap in the media.  The stuff breaks down to nitrogen and
> carbon dioxide in a relatively short time and is harmless to humans
> and animals.
>
> I know someone will argue so instead of arguing with me read this
> article prepared from research by Cornell University.
> http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5436386_long-roundup-stay-soil.html
>
> Charlie
Charlie, I'm a big fan of roundup and generic glyphosates in the field
but not in my
garden. It might just be as harmless to us as they say but I figure why
take the chance?
For years DDT and 2-4D were regarded as harmless and beneficial
chemicals to humans.
That theory changed as time passed and links to cancer were proven.
I'm far from organic in my field crops but my garden does not even get
potato bug dust so
I'm getting there.

Ralph in Sask.