[AT] MF 471 throttle vs. accelerator

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Mon Apr 25 19:34:20 PDT 2016

My guess is that the foot accelerator higher speed is for road use only
and not for day to day field work.  The older John Deeres
  such as the 3020 that I have and ones like the 4320's  had a knob on
the end of the throttle that was spring loaded. You pull the knob out
and pull the throttle past a stop and gain 2 or 3 hundred RPM. I done
remember where I read it but somewhere it said the extra RPM was for
road travel. In your case the owners manual should tell you what the
different RPM's are for.
                     Greg Hass