[AT] Battery Charger recommendations

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sat Apr 23 21:59:03 PDT 2016

Cecil,

Right now I'm trying to get 6 acres of lawn under control after coming back
from AZ 2 weeks later than normal and this area had 90 degree weather for a
week.  Broke every record in April since God was a kid.  The pasture grass
was over 2 ft tall.    I got it mowed with a garden tractor today, maybe
knocked down is a better description.  I just don't have any extra time
right now getting ready for Knee replacement surgery on May 11th. Have to
get the 6 acres under control so the lawn maintenance people I hire to do
the lawn won't charge me a fortune while I am recovering from knee surgery.
I should have mowed it with a sickle bar mower, raked it and baled it. But
in our normal wet weather that probably wouldn't have worked either.

So repairing Battery chargers is just not in the cards right now.  They will
get put on a shelf to be looked at later to determine if they are worth
repairing. I have an electronics background so fixing them is not an issue
but time to do it is short right now.  We had my wife's car in AZ for 3 1/2
months this winter. No problems at all. Drove it 1600 miles back home and
the second morning after we returned it appeared to have a completely dead
battery.  That was unexpected.   Was going to hook up a battery charger and
both were DOA so hooked up battery cables to my truck.  Let it charge for 15
minutes or so and her car started right up.  Went to remove the Jump cable
and the car's positive cable came off of the post with the jumper cable
clamp.  The stinking clamp was loose on the post. Problem solved.  Wonder
how long that clamp had been loose. Might have been that way since last
April, 2015 believe it or not and just now acted up.  Vely weird. My wife
did have the oil and filter changed in AZ at a Honda dealer but I sincerely
doubt they removed the positive battery cable while doing that. Always
mysteries to wonder about.

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA 98290

It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.