[AT] New baler

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Apr 23 14:06:24 PDT 2016

Looks pretty decent, grease it up and bust a few bales open to test it
out before you put your hay on the ground. If you need a lot of chain,
try Shoup--they carry USA and Import. Watch the timing if you start
chanigng those.

I was at an auction today with a lot of hay equipment. I probably should
have bought the MF model 10 that sold for $350. I ran a Deere 24T to
$900, it had some tying issues but looked pretty good. 3 hay
conditioners (2 deere and a NH) sold for all under $500. Tedders were
pretty cheap except for one really nice hydraulic fold 4 basket. 7ft
Deere 3pt sickle mower $250. Nice Massey rake--I dropped out at $500. I
was only there looking fro a steal to upgrade some of my stuff. I've
spent enough lately so I wasn't going to pay a lot for anything. Bigger
tractors went kind of cheap or didn't meet reserve. 1456 IH couldn't get
the needed$6,500. 4020 Deere with loader didn't meet the $8,500 reserve.
4 or 5 more 90+ hp IH machines went fairly cheap--all looked rough.
Completely rusty 8N with 3pt sickle mower, ran great $750 and the guy
drove it home. Plenty of decent prices, I just didn't have to HAVE
anything, other than a ham biscuit and a bologna burger. After 6 1/2 hrs
I left, they had one more row of equipment to sell.

John Hall