[AT] Battery Charger recommendations

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Sat Apr 23 05:13:30 PDT 2016

I bought one with a 250 amp start, that setting never worked. Happened to notice the fine print, 6 second duty cycle at the start setting which is barely enough time to get from the charger to touch the key and back to the switch. If you want to turn the key as well forget it. I mostly need it for diesels in the winter which means I need to add glow plug time in as well. In short I burned out the quick start setting.

I have used digital ones with no gauges and I like them. They don't tell you anything, but if you trust the computer they just work. They sense when you turn on the starter and jump to start boost then. They cost more than you wanted to pay, but I regret going cheap.