[AT] Lawn tractor

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Wed Apr 20 14:06:07 PDT 2016

Richard Fink Sr wrote:
> Thanks Alan mine has the coil with 2 out puts and i would say points.
> That helps. This list is best thing i have ever found  when i had the
> old tractors, some one always has the answer or where to look for it.
> R Fink Sr
> PA

Coil with two posts will have points in the box on the rear corner of
the engine. BUT surging once hot usually isn't the failure mode of that
coil. They usually get hot and fire only one cylinder then just stop
completely.

Surging once warm sounds like the carb or fuel pump.

Do you have the books on it? I have the tech manual and engine for it if
you need them.

--
Steve W.