[AT] OT, mostly: Restoring an Alco PA locomotive

Chuck Bealke bealke at airmail.net
Sat Apr 16 15:52:41 PDT 2016

Dean,

The folks running the museum must really know their stuff, as they have mastered all kinds of challenging projects. Not too many years ago, for instance, when they went to move their rolling iron from the State Fair grounds location in Dallas to Frisco, one big steam locomotive was too heavy for the trackage to the new site. Somehow they pulled it off, but the process provided lots of entertainment in the Dallas Morning News.  Regulations, politics and money, O my.

Dean, please contact Shirlee and I if you come visit their trains, as we live about 15 minutes south of them in Plano and would like to return your hospitality on our visit to your lovely farmstead last year.

Chuck Bealke
Dallas, TX