[AT] Off topic/ Personal, my mom

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Apr 10 17:40:55 PDT 2016

Since I consider all on ATIS to be something of an extended family,
I thought I'd post that my mom passed away Friday morning about 2 AM.
I think I have mentioned here that I was spending a lot of time recently
caring for her.  She lived an extraordinary life of 97 years and 7 months,
all of them healthy and active until suffering a stroke in Oct of 2014.
The remaining months have been difficult but her struggle is now over
and she died peacefully in her own bed.

I find myself not being sad.  The sadness and sense of loss has been spent
in the last 17 months watching and helping her struggle with the effects and
complications of a stroke and eventual A-Fib, ITP and a recent diagnosis
with
a mass in her lung.  She is at peace and it's a good thing.   She's finally
reunited with my dad after nearly 50 years.

I just wanted the group to know.

Thanks

Charlie