[AT] Need help no internet connection

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 15:19:48 PDT 2016

For serious viral infections you may want to look at:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/system-security/tp/free-bootable-antivirus-software.htm

I've had good luck with the AVG download. Download an ISO image, burn a CD
from it, boot the infected computer off the CD and run the linux based
virus scan. It clobbers all manner of stupid stuff and since it runs linux
remotely, chances are real low that any virii will get past the scan alive.
It does ask for some connectivity information so it can call home and get
the latest virus info, but will work without it and if you've got a virus
older than a few months, it'll be in there.

Go here for the actual download:

http://www.avg.com/us-en/download.prd-arl?ECID=af:cj

 It's clobbered several virii for us that looked like bad hardware (drives,
motherboards). It also has a memtest (at least on some versions?) in case
you want to test the mainboard or memory. Poor man's toolbox of sorts.

Hope this helps.

Ken in AZ