[AT] Simplicity Sovereign with Kohler CH18 engine

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 08:06:05 PDT 2016

This online manual has a good section on the charging system which starts
on p.139.  On p.146 it has a troubleshooting guide that outlines a specific
test for the regulator/rectifier unit.  But since you mention electronics
are not your strong suit, either get a buddy to help, or just go ahead and
replace the rectifier/regulator (if the trouble persists after you've
ensured the terminals and grounds are making good contact)

http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/tp_2428_b.pdf

SO